We are currently seeking an experienced, professional, enthusiastic part time (20-25 hrs/wk) Client Care Specialist (CCS) for our clinic. A CCS’s primary responsibility is to promote our clinic’s mission of exceptional customer service while creating a caring, welcoming impression on the phone and at the front desk. **Please Note: The majority of time in this position will be spent as a Client Care Representative at the front desk, but will require occasional time spent working in the hospital as a Veterinary Assistant.
CCSs must be accurate, thorough, detail-oriented, and maintain a smooth, well-planned, and orderly flow of clients and patients. CCSs are a pivotal part of the team and should exhibit a willingness to learn about veterinary care and confidence in the quality of health care we provide. This role requires the ability to develop a rapport with our clients, by being friendly and knowledgeable, that creates positive first and last impressions resulting in long-term relationships with our clinic.
Great CCSs must truly enjoy assisting diverse clients and possess the qualities and skills necessary to successfully manage stressful situations. This includes being empathetic toward emotional and/or grieving individuals, actively listening, employing tact, and maintaining a courteous and professional demeanor at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
The CCS position involves the ability to expertly handle multiple responsibilities with many interruptions. Job tasks include but are not limited to:
- Answering multiple phone lines, incoming faxes, emails, and all client communication
- Generating new clientele, scheduling and confirming appointments and surgeries, recognizing emergencies
- Managing digital and paper medical records, scanning, faxing, emailing, prepping charts, entering information into computer
- Welcoming clients and patients, and escorting them to exam rooms
- Providing pricing and information to clients, reviewing treatment plans
- Processing financial transactions, communicating and upholding financial policies
- Providing knowledge about our products and services
- Acting as a liaison between the client and the veterinarian, accurately conveying verbal and written messages
- Retail stocking, cleaning, and maintenance tasks
** Veterinary Assistants will divide their time between assisting doctors and technicians in exam rooms, preparing for and assisting with treatments, surgical, and diagnostic procedures, lab testing, patient handling and nursing, and hospital cleaning and maintenance.
Essential Functions and Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability (both verbally and in writing) to convey information thoroughly and effectively.
- Ideal candidates would have 1+ years of experience in a receptionist or similar client care position.
- Veterinary office experience preferred.
- Basic reading, math and writing skills. Understand and competently speak and write the English language.
- Proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation are expected.
- Basic computer skills including being able to read information on a computer screen, navigate various software programs and internet sites, and enter information into the computer.
- Read medical instruments and view our patients’ physical conditions as well as respond to auditory signals from other team members, animals, or medical equipment.
- Safely and competently use and troubleshoot other types of office equipment, machinery and appliances
- Safely and competently use appropriate feline restraint and handling techniques.
- Have the physical strength and ability to stand for an entire shift when needed, and be able to lift pets and objects weighing up to 40 pounds without assistance. Physical exertion can include repetitive standing, walking, stooping, bending, twisting, reaching, climbing, and lifting. Employees must be able to grasp, hold, and manipulate objects varying from small and fine to large and heavy with both hands.
Our hospital, opened in 2011, is located in beautiful Boise, Idaho. We are just minutes away from the Boise River, and Boise offers something for everyone—whether you are urban or outdoorsy. Part time benefits include discounts on services and products and uniform allowance. Salary depends on education and experience. Our hospital has earned the designation of “Cat Friendly Practice” as awarded by the American Association of Feline Practitioners. Please visit our team page and take a photo tour.
Hand delivered cover letter and resume preferred. Boise Cat Clinic—506 N. Latah St., Boise, ID 83706