Cold Weather Tips
- Created on Monday, 09 December 2013 18:31
- The best way to protect your cats from the cold is to bring them inside. All cats should have a warm area off the ground where they can remain sheltered from harsh weather.
- In cold weather, cats that normally go outside may need a litter box inside to prevent unwanted behavior or illness.
- Cats have been known to sleep on vehicle engines to stay warm. Before you start your vehicle, bang on the hood.
- Provide plenty of fresh, unfrozen drinking water.
- Never leave your cat alone in the car during cold weather.
- Anti-freeze is a lethal poison to cats. Be sure to thoroughly clean any spills.